In this episode, we speak with Danielle Downey, a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and Author of the book It's No Secret: Thriving after Surviving.
We explore her traumatic upbringing and how it has influenced her as an adult, from her career path and charity work, to her approach as a Mother
Presented and produced by: Georgia Latief
Recorded and edited by: Adam Bate
Music by: Dave MacMullan
Guest Speaker: Danielle Downey
Please be aware that this episode discusses topics such as sexual, and emotional abuse towards a minor, domestic violence and attempted suicide.
Danielle's Book, It's No Secret: Thriving after Surviving is available to purchase here.
If you or someone you know are a victim of abuse, the following websites and helplines are available to provide support and advice:
- Contact Women's Aid for support
- Call 999 if the child is at immediate risk
- Call 101 if you think a crime has been committed
- Call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or contact them online
- NSPCC Helpline - call 0808 800 5000 or email email@example.com
- Childline - call 0800 1111 or use the 1-2-1 online chat